Wednesday, February 21, 2007

USC Goalie 'Embarrassed' After Attempt to Recreate Scene from Mighty Ducks 2

In an odd display of events Tuesday night, Mickey Meyer, the starting goalie for the University of Southern California Hockey team, was ejected from the game after dropping his pants, riding his stick around like a horse, and slapping his bare buttocks during a game against Brigham Young University.

At the stoppage of play, after several penalites were being assesed, Meyer attempted to pump up his teammates and loyal fans by recreating the scene from D2: The Mighty Ducks, where the forever-sexy Dean Portman began stripping in the penalty box. "I guess it just goes to show you there are some things left for the movies and some things left for real life," Meyer said after the game in handcuffs. He went on, "Yeah, I went a little overboard. I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry for all of the kids out there who had to see my bare ass. I'm sorry for the parents who will have to explain the incident to their children tonite. But I'm a big fan of the Mighty Ducks, I think all of us are. Excuse me for trying to recreate that moment."

Known for two weeks, after the release of D2, as the A.C. Slater for a new generation, Aaron Lohr, who portrayed Portman had little to say about the incident. "It's just sad. Sad that people think they can translate what happens in movies into real life. I'm an actor. I'm not really Dean Portman. I can do other stuff, just give me a fucking chance."

Meyer was ticketed with obscene behavior and indecent exposure. He will also likely be suspended for several games. "I'm just really upset about the whole thing. I mean have any of you even seen D2?"

Scott Whyte, who played Gunnar Stahl (member of the dreaded Iceland team), thought it was great that someone was trying to honor the movie. "It's great that we made such an impact on today's college youth." And no, for any of you still wondering, he never did get to hookup with Julie "The Cat" Gaffney no matter what the end of the movie might have suggested. "Yeah, I really thought there could have been some sort of spin-off with that," he responded, "at the very least I could have been the boyfriend in the D3, and maybe transfer to the school and play with team. I thought that was at least a possibility."

"Maybe years down the road," Meyer said, "Maybe enough time hadn't passed for someone to try something like this. But I think 20, 40 years from now, when my kids and grandkids see video of this they will repsect what I tried to do out there. That is if any girl will ever talk to me again."

5 Comments:

Blogger HAL 9000 said...

On a side note, Scott Whyte again pulled a Gunner Stahl move by copying Aaron Lohr's headshot.

February 21, 2007 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Natty Bumpo said...

Thelonius,
Do you realize that you misspelled 2 words in the title of your post? If this keeps happening, we're sending you back down to the D-League.

February 21, 2007 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Runs With Two Horses said...

Natty,
I think that is only one misspelled word. "Embarassed" is in quotes, so obviously the goalie emphasized that he didn't want the correct spelling of that word to reflect his feelings. "Embarassed" probably is a special word hockey players use, that we don't know about. It might mean something like "I'm not sorry at all, but I'll fool you guys by using this word that looks similar to a word used to apologize after bad decisions." Just throwing it out there.

February 21, 2007 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger Leonard Peltier said...

Runs,
While it was a fun night, I'm pretty "embarassed" that we killed that hooker.

February 21, 2007 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger HAL 9000 said...

I'm "embarassed" with how bad of a speller i can be sometimes. I corrected the mistakes in the title. Hopefully Dr. Dunkenstein didn't see it or he might actually kill a hooker.

February 21, 2007 at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home