Thursday, November 30, 2006

Webber Time

The Philadelphia 76ers announced that Shavlik Randolph will be out indefinitely after breaking his ankle. This injury actually opens the door for Chris Webber to have more playing time. That's right, Chris Webber will be playing more due to Shavlik Randolph's injury. I'd like to meet the guy that forecasted that three years ago.

Speaking of the Sixers, I'd like to open the floor for discussion of the best running mate Iverson has had since he's come into the league. The Ghost of Chris Webber? Todd MacCulloch? Eric Snow in his prime? Can you actually make the argument that Aaron McKie coming off the bench wins this dubious honor? I haven't researched this, but please tell me that there has been some good player that I'm not recalling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Natty Bumpo said...

Wow, I really can't think of anyone. It's not that AI hasn't had good running mates...Larry Hughes...Jerry Stackhouse...Theo Ratliff...the hobbled versions of Chris Webber and Glenn Robinson. My conclusion...AI can't coexist with talent. So, if I was forced to pick the best of his supporting cast, I would go with Aaron McKie. In fact, I think that whole McKie, Lynch, Snow, and Tyrone Hill group gets my vote. That's why, as much as I hate to say this, AI should not be considered one of the best ever. One of the best individual performers ever...YES. A Hall of Famer...YES. But not one of the best ever.

December 1, 2006 at 12:04 AM  
Blogger Leonard Peltier said...

hey t.monk, where'd your comment go?

December 1, 2006 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home