Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Djimon Hounsou deserves more




That's right, Djimon Hounsou deserves more. I'm sick and tired of people referring to Djimon Hounsou as "Amistad." Yes, Djimon Hounsou was the main character in a movie entitled "Amistad." However, Amistad is not his name. Just as Adam Sandler's name is not "Waterboy" and Kevin Costner's name is not "Waterworld." Similarly, and I know this may come as a surprise to some of you, Ben Affleck's name is not "Armageddon." Amistad was the name of the infamous slave ship that transported Hounsou's character to the United States.
Second, Hounsou deserves more roles in Hollywood. He only gets cast as the "African guy" in movies. That really gets on my nerves. It's not that he's not really good in that role, because he is. If you haven't seen him in that role in "Four Feathers," you're missing out. Come by my house and borrow that shit. Honestly, "Four Feathers" is the most underrated movie of all time besides "Meet Joe Black." I honestly think Hounsou would have been a great choice for the new Bond. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think Daniel Craig was a good choice, but how awesome would Hounsou have been as Bond? The answer is "very."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jumping Bull said...

Who stole Natty's password and posted this?

November 28, 2006 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger Leonard Peltier said...

One time I went to a djimon hounsou house party and I asked him if he ever got tired of being cast as the "African guy." I was a little surprised when he looked down at me with his muscular black face like I'd just asked the dumbest question ever. Then I looked around at his mansion and the beautiful naked women in the hot tub, and realized that I had in fact asked the dumbest question ever.

November 28, 2006 at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home